Monday, December 29, 2008

Goodbye, 2008

2008, You were a good year. In fact, you were one of my favorite years. One word for you is overwhelming. 2008, you overwhelmed me.


Important things that happened this year :


>I got over Bangalore.

>I fell in love with Edward.

>I discovered blogging. And fell in love with it.

>I fell in love with Shakespeare.

>I made new friends. LOTS of new friends.

>I began to like school. (Don't look at me like that. I'm just as shocked)

>My mom started working.(And left me all alone at home!)


Uhh...That's about it. Seems like a very uneventful year when I put it down like this but trust me, It was one of the BESTest years ever.


In January, I started New Year at Cupcake's place.(Seems like yesterday). In school, Maggot and me were a group. We started hanging out with Ms. Know-it-all.


In February, I remember nothing but studying for the finals. Sad, no?


March was fun. It started out with going to Bangalore (!!!) and then it moved on to half day school and no homework which was all incredibly fun.


In April, Ms. Know-it-all joined our group. Ms. Know-it-all, Maggot and me became really, really close. There was a short period in April where all the girls in 9th grade were united. That didn't last too long because Ms. Know-it-all and me can't stand a peaceful atmosphere for too long.


In May, I did nothing at all. Nothing. During summer, I spent majority of my time on the internet. Facebook-ing and chatting is all I remember of May.


In June, my mom started working. Joy for me because I was left all alone at home. Yeah, it was fun. School began after the wonderful summer vacation. In June, I got many, many lectures about how important the Board Exams are and yadda yadda yadda.


July and September was all a big mush for me. There were tests and fights and lots of things going on. All I remember is that after July and October, Maggot, Ms. Know-it-all, Haunted Guy, Singer-dude, Sir Loopy-much and me were a group. And Haunted Guy and me emerged as true enemies. In September, there were exams or tests or something because I remember studying a lot.



In October, there were the lovely Diwali Vacations in which I spent time in Jaipur, Udaipur and a (very) short period in Delhi. It was a proper vacation with no studies so I had fun. Rest of October was spent in I don't know what but when I think about October, I have fond memories of it.


In November, we did nothing in school because of the Sports Day. We had practice, like, everyday so no studies at all.


In December, we had our Unit Tests which were horrible. Sports day was fun. And then I went to Bangalore and had the time of my life. Suddenly, it's time for New Year again.





This was my year. Yours?








And now....presenting....2009.



In 2009, I will:


>Concentrate on studies more. I kinda have to seeing that I'll be writing Ze Board Exams and all that very, very soon.

>Try not to scream so much.

>Blog about my oh-so-interesting life more often.

>Not complain about Math so much. Instead, I shall sincerely try to understand it.

>Forget about Edward. Try my best to.

>Do a good deed a week. Doing one a day is too much hard work.


...and that's about it.

I'm kind of dreading 2009 because of the amount of work I'll have to do academically. But I still hope for it to be as good a year as 2008. I will miss you, 2008.


Happy New Year, y'all!
Hope you have an AWEsome year!
xoxoxoxoxoxo



Over and out.